Effective Date: February 4, 2019
1. Purpose and Scope
1.1. Inquiries or Concerns?
1.3. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide Personal Data to the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If we learn we have collected Personal Data from a child under 13 without parent consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Personal Data
2.1. What is Personal Data?
2.2. Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect and maintain Personal Data regarding Site Visitors and Members, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card or bank account information, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, website usage details, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details, and the actions you take on our website.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site; and
- From third parties, for example, our service providers, including Google Analytics and Facebook.
2.3. Information You Provide Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
2.4. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and other content, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not honor Do Not Track signals. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to specific web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; or
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
2.5. Our Purposes in Collecting Personal Data?
The Personal Data we collect is used and disclosed as is necessary to provide services to you and as reasonably required for our business purposes, including:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For any other purpose with your consent as required by applicable law.
2.6. Types of Third Parties That May Receive Your Personal Data
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction. Such information does not identify an individual person.
We may disclose Personal Data to the following types of third parties:
Subsidiaries and Affiliates
We may share Personal Data with other members of the Company corporate group in order to work with them, including affiliates and referring partners of the Company corporate group. For example, we may need to share Member Information for customer relationship management purposes. We may also transfer Personal Data in the event of an audit or if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
Partners and Affiliated Businesses Not Controlled by Us
We may partner with other companies to jointly offer products or services. If you purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service from us, we may share Personal Data collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our partners. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may choose not to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service.
It may be necessary for us to disclose your Personal Data, either by law, legal process, litigation, or requests from public and governmental authorities. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose Personal Data if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
3. Rights and Choices
We offer Site Visitors and Members who provide Personal Data the means to choose how we use the information we collect. To the extent required by applicable law, we obtain opt-in consent for certain uses and disclosures of Personal Data. You have a right to withdraw such consent at any time. We shall make reasonable efforts to accommodate individual privacy preferences.
3.1. Account Profile
To update your account information or have your account deleted, please email email@example.com. Requests to change or delete your information will be handled within 30 days.
3.2. Tracking Technologies
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI website.
Exceptions. We may disclose your Personal Data without offering an opportunity to opt out, when (i) we retain third-party processors to perform services on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions, (ii) required by law or legal process, or (iii) responding to lawful requests from public authorities, including to meet national security, public interest, or law enforcement requirements.
4. Grievance procedure
If a complaint regarding Personal Data cannot be resolved through our internal processes, we will cooperate with applicable authorities to address a complaint and provide appropriate recourse.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Our payment processors are PCI DSS compliant.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
If a breach of Personal Data occurs, we will notify the relevant authorities within 72 hours, or as otherwise required by applicable law, subject to likelihood of risk to the Member or Site Visitor. Affected Members or Site Visitors will also be notified regarding the breach.