Human Empowerment And Resiliency Training
The OI Human Empowerment And Resiliency Training (HEARTraining®) is open to mental health professionals seeking effective skills in trauma resolution and stress management, and to individuals seeking personal growth through professional development.
Prerequisites include the impulse to grow and a call to mindful service. The training environment is a community of individuals with a diversity of life experiences and professional backgrounds. A college degree or equivalent professional experience is required to attend the training.
After enrolling in the HEARTraining, you will be prompted to complete an online application. You will be asked to submit a handwritten note with responses to the following questions:
- Why would you like to attend the HEARTraining?
- What do you hope to get out of the HEARTraining?
- What are you bringing, personally, to the HEARTraining?
- Please share any other information you feel may be important for us to know as you contemplate your experience in the HEARTraining.
Organic Intelligence® is neither a regulatory nor licensing organization and therefore not sanctioned to certify, license, or otherwise bestow the legal authorization to practice as a mental health professional.
HEARTraining is a continuing education certificate program. To qualify for an OI HEART Certificate each student must complete all contact hours, all required Personal Sessions, and Coaching Sessions.
Attending all OI HEART Residential Training Units
The HEARTraining is taught as an experiential training made up of Modules which include both Residential and At-Home units. In the Residential Retreats, the immediate experience of practicing OI clinical skills with your cohort, meditation and other personal practice experiences, and the community support are essential elements of the training and part of your personal and professional success. It is important not to miss any of the Residential Retreats. And, life happens. If you need to miss all or part of one Residential Retreat it is possible to catch up with video and work through the missed exercises with the oversight of your assigned Mentor.
Following requirements apply:
- If you need to miss part of a Residential Retreat inform your Training Coordinator and your assigned Mentor, and work with your Mentor to help you catch up with the missed material or exercises.
- Only one Residential Retreat, or part thereof, can be taken by video. Full tuition applies, plus any additional fees that may be charged by the Mentor assigned to you.
- If you want to join the HEARTraining after Retreat 1 has taken place in your preferred location, you have the option to take the Retreat 1 by video or to take it in another location before Retreat 2 begins. It is important to have at least 1 month between Retreats 1 and 2 so your soul and nervous system have time to assimilate the experience.
- Retreat 6 cannot be taken by video. If you cannot attend the Retreat 6 in your initial location, you can attend in another location at least one month after completing Retreat 5.
to be with a master clinician who is also a great teacher,
capable of giving his students the experience of finding
their own potential, and their own unique contributions.
Thank you so much for this, and for the even greater gift
of your ever-present support, acceptance and attunement
to our professional and personal journeys.
To qualify for an OI HEART Certificate, each student must complete the following Personal and Coaching Session requirements:
Personal Sessions: To support your OI learning and personal process, you are required to have a minimum of six Personal Sessions during each year of the HEARTraining.
Coaching Sessions: Each student is required to participate in a minimum of five Coaching Sessions in Year 1; six Coaching Sessions in Year 2; and eight Coaching Sessions in Year 3. Coaching sessions include Individual and Group Coaching and can be conducted by Mentors and Faculty; to encourage co-learning, two or more people can share a coaching session.
To get to your required number of Coaching Sessions a maximum of 2 Mentor Group Meetings each year can be counted as Coaching Sessions. For example, in Year 2, four Coaching Sessions and two Mentor Meetings could count as your six required Coaching Sessions.
Mentor Group Meetings: Mentor Group Meetings are offered as a way to support you and the continuity of your learning experience and will vary in frequency depending on the time between Residential training units. Mentors will schedule Mentor Group Meetings as needed.
Every calendar year, Steve Hoskinson will offer all HEART Students 3 free Group Coaching Sessions. Attending one of Steve’s Group Coaching Sessions counts as 1 Coaching Session on your session log. These will be online events. Each event lasts 3 hours (one 90-minute Family Room and one 90-minute Group Coaching Session). Steve’s Group Coaching Sessions can be watched live as a webcast or as a recording from your Virtual Classroom. To get sign-off from your Mentor for completing one of Steve’s 3-hour Group Coaching Sessions please write a few paragraphs about what you got out of the Coaching Session, and send this to your Mentor.
Visit your Virtual Classroom to download a HEARTraining Session Log to track your sessions and to download a list of approved OI Session Providers.
Organic Intelligence reserves the right to approve or deny any application to any training or membership, revoke approval at any time, and approve or deny the participation of any person, at its sole discretion, with or without cause, and in accordance with its policies and the law.