How do I watch the Family Room Broadcast?
How to watch the Family Room event broadcast:
- Log into your OI Virtual Classroom https://www.learnoi.org/login
- In your Library, under “My Courses,” click on Family Room with Steve Hoskinson
- Click on Join Today’s Family Room Broadcast
- Again, click on Join Today’s Family Room Broadcast
- Scroll down and the live event will be waiting for you.
The minimum viable connection speed to stream video reliably is about 768 kilobits per second (equal to 0.768 megabits per second). We recommend a connection speed of at least 5 Mb (megabits) per second for an optimal experience with HD capability. You can test your download speed using speedtest.net. Please contact your internet provider if your download speed is problematic.
How do I ask a Question during the Broadcast?
1. Scroll down, beneath the live event video stream
2. Type your question in the comment section
3. Refresh your browser to check for responses to your question.
How do I ask a Question by Video, which will be part of the broadcast?
A. First, make sure you have a Skype account and Skype installed on your computer.
B. Open Skype and send a contact request to “OIWebcast”
C. While watching the webcast in the OI Virtual Classroom, use the chat box underneath the video stream to post your request for a question by video; include your Skype name.
D. Steve may call you via Skype and invite you into the webcast to ask the question in person.
E. When you receive a Skype call, and for the duration of the Skype call:
– you must mute the live stream video in the OI Virtual Classroom, and interact with Steve directly via Skype
– when you are done with the Skype call, un-mute the live stream and continue watching from there.